On Aug 22, 2013, at 7:37 AM, "Pavel Zotov (JIRA)" <trac...@firebirdsql.org>
wrote:

> Wrong value of data pages average fill percent in GSTAT in case of storing
> varchars that much longer than page size

>    Page size        4096
>    ODS version        12.0
> T (128)
>    Primary pointer page: 198, Index root page: 199
>    Total formats: 1, used formats: 1
>    Average record length: 33037.00, total records: 1
>    Average version length: 0.00, total versions: 0, max versions: 0
>    Average fragment length: 4046.00, total fragments: 8, max fragments: 8
>    Average unpacked length: 32771.00, compression ratio: 0.99
>    Pointer pages: 1, data page slots: 1
>    Data pages: 1, average fill: 17%
>    Primary pages: 1, full pages: 0, swept pages: 0
>    Big record pages: 8

Sorry to respond to the list - I'm on my iPhone and don't remember my
SourceForge password.

This is not a bug.  Overflow (Big Record) pages are not data pages and are
always filled 100%.  The one data page contains the record header plus whatever
data was left over when the last overflow page was filled. Big data is written
back to front so the left over bit is the beginning of the string.