On 24-7-2014 19:27, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
>> As far as I understand it, you can't have an IResultSet unless the
>> result set is open, so setting the cursor name on an IResultSet is not
>> very logical.
>
>      What about more than one simultaneously active result set produced by
> the same statement ?

This BTW is also described in the SQL CLI standard, see:
* MoreResults : closes the previous cursor and opens next one with the
same cursor name,
* NextResult : requires a second statement handle, and opens the next
result on that second statement handle, using the cursor name associated
with the second handle (and allows having the two open simultaneously).

In general I'd advise to look at the SQL CLI standard. It describes a
C-like flat API like the 'old' API, but its descriptions and rules are
very helpful. Lets not reinvent the wheel. Things like JDBC might also
be helpful.

Mark Rotteveel