My guess is that after srp auth we can create a secure tls channel

usually is solved by creating and opening another port  like 4443 or with
protocol modifications using the firebird port

http://superuser.com/questions/567594/how-to-set-up-a-server-to-use-tls-srp-authentication

http://matthewarcus.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/srp-in-openssl/

ps: we can start using openssl even if only need to mention it

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6720610/when-and-where-to-mention-usage-of-openssl
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSSL#Licensing

pps: or i would use the boringssl from cromium/android
https://www.imperialviolet.org/2014/06/20/boringssl.html
http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/06/google-unveils-independent-fork-of-openssl-called-boringssl/