On 1-12-2014 18:42, Virgo Pärna wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 15:52:08 +0100, Mark Rotteveel <m...@lawinegevaar.nl>
> wrote:
>>
>> It should work. I have done it regularly over the last few months.
>>

>      Could it be some kind of dependency issue? I just now copied
> fbclient.dll,
> firebird.msg, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll from Firebird 3 beta 1 (from
> Firebird-3.0.0.31374-0_Win32_Beta1.zip) to same directory as flamerobin.exe
> and I
> got same error.

I was wrong that I had it working earlier. I simply installed a 2.5
fbclient.

You need to include a firebird.conf in the same location as the Firebird
3 fbclient.dll and specify:

AuthClient = Legacy_Auth, Srp, Win_Sspi
(default is AuthClient = Srp, Win_Sspi, Legacy_Auth)

This will effectively disable the new authentication protocol.

With this setting you will not be able to connect to Firebird 3, unless
you set WireCrypt = Enabled (instead of the default Required) in the
firebird.conf of the Firebird 3 server as this configuration will never
use wire protocol encryption, it will also only be able to connect to
users created with the legacy usermanager.

@Core-devs: This really seems like an undesirable combination. Why isn't
it possible to transparently support both old and new servers from fbclient.

Mark Rotteveel