DS>    I can tell you why: a bug in event handling code in your application. It
took me quite
DS> a few time to realize how event notification works and write event handling
code properly,
DS> but since then I received only one or two reports about problems with them.
Nevertheless,
DS> if your application works over Internet, then you are right not using
events because of
DS> firewall issues.

Maybe it is/was a bug in the way IBO implemented the events listening.
I remember Jason did some recent re-factoring in this area. The
problem is that I never was able to reproduce the problem in my own
environment, so it is hard to test.

Anyway, let's try to not pollute this topic with this subject for now.

[]s
Carlos
http://www.firebirdnews.org
FireBase - http://www.FireBase.com.br