Should we see an error message?

F:\fb3dev\fbbuild\firebird30\output_Win32>isql -user sysdba -pass masterkey
Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database
SQL> create database "nulls.fdb" user "sysdba" password "masterkey";
SQL> create domain notnull int not null;
SQL> create table t(a notnull);
SQL> alter table t alter a drop not null;
SQL> alter table t alter a drop not null;
SQL> show table t;
A                               (NOTNULL) INTEGER Not Null
SQL>

The not nullable condition is not overriden, but the engine simply ignores
the command.

C.