28.07.2015 20:12, Paul Reeves wrote:

> Of course, there is another related question - what is the correct behaviour?
> I know a lot of config file parsers are written to parse to the end and
> whichever values are set last are the values used. For example postfix is
> specifically designed to allow this:
>
>    myparam = x
>    < snip lots of config >
>    myparam = y
>
> and the final value used for myparam will be y.

I think there's a difference between multiple subsequent assignments
inside a plain config or inside one section:

<database mydb>
   enabled false
   blah blah
   enabled true
</database>

which probably should work as you describe,

and multiple subsequently matched sections:

<database mydb>
   enabled false
   blah blah
</database>

<database mydb>
   enabled true
   blah blah
</database>

which IMO should raise an error, as it's likely some copy-paste error
(database name pattern was not changed after copying).