Fra: James Starkey [mailto:j...@jimstarkey.net]

>> One question in regards to your idea. Can gbak run without using the
>> encryption key? If not how can I make unattended scheduled backups?
> No problem other than this requires that database account credentials be on
> the client disk and therefor theoretically available to an attacker.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Do you want me to schedule my
backup on the client (run gbak.exe on the client)? Or are you talking about
having the credentials on "server disk" not "client disk".

I would expect running the backup unattended on the server as pretty normal for
most users. I our case we are sending the backup file to a remote server with
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager.

Brian Vraamark