I see that something strange happend with my email.
It is broken :(

something happened in place
"ecod version." -< i do not write this and also at the end i see duplicate
lines, cuts and other strange things. Very strange for me...
I paste below orginal message

please do not touch shadows.
Shadows are used by many organisations. I saw it in almost any of them where i
do some job for it.
And someone in near past worked on extending its usage e.g. CORE-4955

I agree with you that already existing feature "multi file database" is really
"Database spaces".
New feature should extend this functionality for "kind of data".

Then in future we will have:
- database spaces
- table spaces

But i also disagree removing "database spaces" and implement only "table
spaces".
Both are usefull.
Of course this features can not be used in the same database at the same time.
Only one of them.

But sumarise - i suppose that table spaces are on very lover priority and in my
personal opinion should not be considered for FB V4 only V5.
I suppose that much usefull things should be implemented first - like clustered
indexes, table partitioning, partial indexes, cube, rollup, grouping sets,
R-TREE ...

When i saw that you consider removing multifile database - i have created
CORE-5125.
"Database spaces" and feature to "prevent write to database page new data".
I mean that you restore database with above switch (it explicitly include
USE_ALL_SPACE switch) and all existing pages are marked as "not modify for new
data" (below i call it MARKED).
When something is updated new record version go into new page, and in page
marked, only allowed operation is remove old record version.
And now all new/modified data go into new place - eg. into fast accessible
storage. Old data are on some slow storage.
I do not write it previously into the tracker because of below reason (look
below).

But summarize - i suppose that table spaces are on very lover priority and in
my personal opinion should not be considered for FB V4 only V5.
I suppose that much useful things should be implemented first - like clustered
indexes, table partitioning, partial indexes, cube, rollup, grouping sets,
R-TREE ...

Regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski