02.03.2016 23:58, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
> 02.03.2016 22:51, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
>>      Blobs could be moved into separate tablespace. It could make backup of
>> "data" tablespace faster and smaller. We can even think about "offline"
>> tablespace.
>
>>     Also, PIP and Header page. Should every tablespace contains its own PIP ?
>> Currently, every page space have own PIP, but only DP_PAGE_SPACE contains
>> own Header page..
>
>     How about TIP?

   I failed to find a reason to have TIP per tablespace

>     How will be enforced consistency between tablespaces? How to detect and
> handle cases if
> tablespace file is lost or is older/newer that main file?

   I'm afraid it will require some mark (GUID ?) stored in both tablespace (at
header page ?)
and system dictionary (RDB$TABLESPACES ?). It will be renewed at database
shutdown (last
disconnect) before closing of tablespace file. Mark should not be changed if
there was no
changes in tablespace data, btw. Mark should be preserved by physical
backup\restore of
tablespace. There should be special (emergency) way to attach tablespace with
invalid mark,
probably in read-only mode...

Vlad