09.03.2016 15:54, Alex Peshkoff wrote:
> Dmitry - I'm surprised much with that time. What 386 box are you
> building on? :)

   AMD A4-1250, but I can't use both cores for build because Windows 8 become
unstable at
100% CPU load.

> I have 3 or 4 years old Amd 8120 and full build of btyacc takes 0.3 sec.

   btyacc itself is not a big deal, just a couple of minutes and the most of
this time is
spent in setenvvar.bat. The main problem is unconditionally generated files
that are
causing snowball rebuild of engine and other projects. At this point 1mb sized
Interface.h
is a bad joke.
   Generation of the files directly from project will get rid of slow setenvvar
as well as
project rebuilds because MSBuild checks prerequisites' time stamps before
calling build tool.

--
   WBR, SD.