19.04.2017 1:09, Leyne, Sean wrote:
> Please stay on point!!!!
>
> How would detaching tablespace provide any solution to the use case, I am
> referring to?!!!!?????
>
> The tables I want to access would be "live" with activity from other
> connections!

   The same way as you now access whole "live" database during backup: ALTER
TABLESPACE
BEGIN BACKUP, copy it by any utility, ALTER TABLESPACE END BACKUP. Then just
fix the file
and attach to target database.

>> They use a connection and discard for a pool.
>> But they need multi-processing and consistency.
>
> Exactly!

   Ok, can subj provide consistency across databases on different servers?
Would it allow
to query several servers as if they were one and get consistent results? I.e.
can I start
transaction on one server based on transaction on different server and see
consistent data
view if I feed data from one table on one server and from other table on second
server?

--
   WBR, SD.