> ON CLIENT:
> expected: if port is not specified (like localhost:alias) use 3050
> real: if port is not specified (like localhost:alias) use config or 3050

I don't know how you come to this expectation. My expectation is what
you describe als "real" :-)

As my clients usually don't come with a config file, they all fall
back to 3050. But on a "full" client installation I'd expect it to use
the configuration settings before falling back to 3050.

Regards

Stefan