> An real debug-build did make the crash vanish therefore no further
> stacktrace.
>
> After switching to -O0 the problem is vanished, with -O1 it does fail

Right and thats the right thing to do  - I found and fixed this for 2.5.8
release
- thats why I asked what optimisation level you were using. There seems to be a
problem with OSX/Clang when it tries to optimise the code in that particular
place.

Where did you get the code you are using from? Ideally you should have got it
from github B2_5_Release.

> Overall I did configure FirebirsSQL like this:
>
> > export CFLAGS='-m64 -O0 -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7'
> > export CXXFLAGS='-m64 -O0 -arch x86_64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.7'

-mmacosx-version-min=10.7 is now -mmacosx-version-min=10.9 libstdc++ has been
deprecated.

> > export CXX="clang++ $CFLAGS"
> > export CC="clang $CXXFLAGS"
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > ./configure \
> >         --build=x86_64-darwin \
> >         --without-fbsample \
> >         --without-fbsample-db \
> >         --without-fbdoc \
> >         --without-fbhelp \
> >         --disable-largefile \
> >         --without-fbplugins \
> >         --with-system-icu
>
> the Exports at top cannot be ommitted, there is some trouble within
> configure script consistently switching to 64Bit code generation.

By default the build is 64bit... you have to override it to get 32bit so
exporting -m64 and -arch x86_64 should be unnecessary.

--with-system-icu? Apple don't ship a proper full ICU with the OS, you should
be using the one
provided with Firebird.

Paul