From: Mark Rotteveel <m...@lawinegevaar.nl>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:26 AM
To: firebird-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Firebird-devel] FBJava plugin issues

On 14-5-2018 17:53, Chmakov, Vladimir wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are placing them into %FBJAVA_ROOT%\jar folder.

The fbjava documentation specifically says not to put more jar files there:

"""
The internal  classes  necessary  for  FB/Java  are  in <fbjava-root>/jar/*.jar
 and  is  not  recommended  to  put  more  jar files there.
"""

It also says:

"""
It is general recommendation that users store they classes in the database """

The documentation does seem to hint that it might be possible (and the code
seems to confirm that), but given it is not recommended, I wouldn't do it.

Looking at the code involved, deploying this way will probably require a
restart of Firebird for each change (but my knowledge of C++ and Firebird
plugins is limited). I'm not sure if that is desirable.

Mark Rotteveel