The question remained unanswered in firebird-support, so I am trying it
here. Basically I'm asking how can a client connect via XNET to a firebird
server using non-default IpcName, for example "Firebird4".

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2019 at 09:30
Subject: XNET and IpcName
To: <firebird-supp...@yahoogroups.com>

XNET is not mentioned in the firebird.conf comments on IpcName, nor IpcName
is mentioned in README,xnet. Still I believe the two are connected. Am I
wrong?
With multiple Firebird installation on Windows it is necessary to change
the IpcName in each firebird.conf, but it seems only the one with the
default value is accessible via XNET. Or maybe there is some way to give
the modified values to the client so it can connect to the others too?
Could someone please explain how this is supposed to work? What am I
missing?
Thanks in advance,
Emil