Is it possible to recover from calling fb_shutdown?

I'm trying to make use of embedded in Jaybird a little more crashproof by calling fb_shutdown on Java application stop.

This works fine if this application stop coincides with the process exit. But with Java web applications this doesn't work correctly if the application 'exit' was a redeploy (which stops and starts it in the same process), because this can cause the library to be reused. Unfortunately, subsequent usage will yield error: connection shutdown [SQLState:08003, ISC error code:335544856].

I may be able to workaround that by changing how Jaybird tracks and retains the client library, but it would be simpler if there is something that would allow to recover from fb_shutdown.

Does such a thing exist?

Mark Rotteveel