> On Sep 9, 2019, at 9:45 AM, Vlad Khorsun <hv...@optima.com.ua> wrote:
>
> 07.09.2019 19:35, Ann Harrison wrote:
>> It's also an old bug, probably dating to the implementation of foreign keys
>> in
>> InterBase.
>> ...it's certainly legitimate.
>
>  So, to fix this we need to repeat validation of master record in context of
> client transaction,
> correct ?

Yes, I think so.  Only in the case of an insert by a snapshot transaction
inserting a child record.  The current test returns an error in  the case of a
recently deleted parent record. We need a second test to verify that th  master
is visible to the inserting transaction.

> Of course, it should be made for concurrency (snapshot) transaction only and
> if current
> state of master record is not visible for client transaction.

Right.  A small number of inserts will fail that might have succeeded, but the
problem Carlos demonstrated will be gone. (I think)

Cheers,

Ann