On 12-9-2019 14:12, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
This suggests that cmake doesn't work in the VS2015 command prompt by
default. And with some googling I found that Microsoft announced
built-in cmake support for Visual Studio 2017.

So maybe appveyor has it installed. Then I suppose you should install it.

Looks like it. Or I will just always use VS2017 for my builds from now on.

As an aside, this also suggests that clean_all.bat isn't cleaning all
as it should, and this hides possible build issues.

Does the others extern libraries are cleaned?

clean_all.bat cleans ICU, but doesn't seem to clean other libraries iether.

Is re2 not cleaned at all or only when cmake is not present?

Rerunning the VS2017 build left some files with timestamps of the earlier build, which suggests that the cmake build itself doesn't clean.

In any case, I think if this needs to clean or not is more something that you as CORE developers need to decide on, but I consider it confusing if you use a build that performs a clean_all, that it doesn't in fact clean all.

Mark Rotteveel