I'm trying to set up asynchronous replication and, afaict, I have
followed all the steps in the release notes correctly. But replication
does not happen. Here is the config:

Primary:

database = /srv/data/active/ods130/bmsql_smoketest.fdb
{
    log_directory = /var/fb4-replication/bmsql_smoketest
    log_archive_directory = /var/fb4-replication/archlog/bmsql_smoketest
    log_archive_timeout = 10
    verbose_logging = true
}

Replica:

database = /srv/data/active/ods130/bmsql_smoketest.fdb
{
  log_source_directory = /var/fb4-replication/bmsql_smoketest
  verbose_logging = true
}

The target db is set -replica read_only. (I also tried -read_write)
The log directory is set 777.
The segments appear in the log directory.
The segments are copied to the archive directory, but not removed.
Both servers can see the log directory.
Nothing is written to the target database.
Nothing is written to the either of the replication logs.

What am I missing?

(BTW, synchronous replication 'just works'.)

Paul
--

Paul Reeves
http://www.ibphoenix.com