On 2020-01-10 11:24, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 2020-01-09 14:10, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
Better IMO: remove GPRE (and QLI) from the kits.

I don't really see why we should remove it right now. Firebird still relies on GPRE for its own build, so in that sense, GPRE isn't deprecated. And people still use GPRE, so removing it without any form of heads-up is not good stewardship.

I'd suggest following an explicit deprecation procedure and announce with Firebird 4 that GPRE and QLI will no longer be included in distributions starting from Firebird 5. As I'm not sure if QLI still has any use, we should even consider removing that entirely.

Mark, why continue suggesting to remove gpre after getting explicit confirmation that our sponsors are still using it?