Back in the day I did try to remove all posix tools from the build and
packaging process. I failed, because it was impossible to replace sed.

I also tried that and also failed but I still think that it is possible, just some trade-offs must be made.
  For example usage of sed during parser build can be replaced with findstr.
Version number in localized readme files can be processed with IS preprocessor if it is enough to show the files during installation and not put into target system.
  Touch is not needed if give up handy trick with file time.
  unix2dos is not needed if .gitattributes is filled in a right way.
And so on up to batch files itself can be replaced by appropriate pre/post-build rules in solution files.
  The only question is how far we want to go this way.

--
  WBR, SD.