Hi
Embarcadero provide in marketing materials comparision about Interbase vs
Firebird
https://www.embarcadero.com/products/interbase/compare/interbase_firebird
and comparision to others
https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/interbase-isv-database-comparison?utm_source=Eloqua&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Article-200226-ISVDatabaseComparison
Normally i omit marketing materials but
there are some interesting details and much interesting summary in second link
(InterBase v Firebird - summary: InterBase is faster).
I personally have the opposite experience that Firebird is faster.
But in the first link they have presented "technical" comparision and they run
TPC-C test against Interbase and Firebird.
I know, without details about configuration and test preparation it is quite
usless.
But do you have some TPC-C test results? Do you also got performance
degradation drops like they shown on the graph?
Do you have some comparision about natural scan time difference? They present
that it is 5 times slower in Firebird.
I post it to develop group as this is marketing material from Embarcadero and i
do not need to provide propaganda.
regards,
Karol Bieniaszewski