> This looks like a bug to me, could you report it on
> http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE ?

Could not disagree more!!!

> After a more detailed analysis I have found the problem.
>
> I have run the upgrade process of my application that creates a table with one
> field "DELETED" with type BOOLEAN.
> That BOOLEAN type is a domain of type smallint, but the create statement uses
> the syntax  "... DELETED BOOLEAN ...".
> Since we use FB2.5 that's ok, the engine will create a smallint field,  but
> in FB4
> this will create a BOOLEAN field.
>
> So is not a engine bug ... is a application upgrade bug.

Actually, it looks like you:

- didn't bother reading the v3.0+ release notes and read about the new Boolean
datatype.

-  make appropriate changes to your schema.  Namely, to change your domain
names/references to be unique (so then never collide with future FB changes).
For example, we have always used a "D_" prefix for all our domain names (i.e
"D_Boolean") to protect against the issue your just encountered.

Sean