20.10.2020 13:58, Vlad Khorsun via Firebird-devel wrote:

AFAIU, it was discussed here in February 2018, thread "Valid date or not".

I've re-read that thread quickly and I saw nor final decision, nor proposition to change (or break) rules for traditional (legacy) date\time types (without TZ).

The tracker ticket (CORE-5750) mentions the problem with spaces inside the literal. If time parts are separated by spaces, it's hard to guess whether the final part is TZ or milliseconds, AFAIU. The final decision is also documented in that ticket.

While I agree that breaking things is usually bad, time '10 20 30' or time '10,20,30' look so terribly wrong to me, so personally I support breaking them ;-) The same for date with commas. The only "broken" format I agree to consider useful is '20 Oct 2020'. Given that space-parsing problems appear inside the time part, perhaps it could be re-allowed for dates (only).