13.11.2020 01:33, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:

I labeled it (and RDB$BLOB_UTIL) for FB 5 (or next version after 4) as

For sure it's worth targeting at v4.1, not v5. Minor ODS changes are allowed in minor releases.

FB 4 was considered frozen for new development, specially for ODS changes.

Changes in system tables (especially in virtual tables that in fact are not part of the ODS) may still be allowed. I'm open to consider such requests.

But now RDB$CONFIG with same kind of ODS changes was merged in master.

Maybe it's considered less complex or debatable feature?

It's really not about ODS changes but about the feature itself. I've given an explicit permission to include the config monitoring (after review, of course), because it just exposes what we already have internally and the changes are mostly isolated inside the config module.

The profiler does look like a more complex feature and IMO it deserves more attention before being committed. I'm willing to communicate more about this, but I also have my own tasks to complete before RC1 thus being somewhat limited in time. It would be great it other core devs would share their opinions too.