On 14/12/2020 10:49, Jiří Činčura wrote:
can the current timezone IDs in FB4 and further be considered stable? I.e.
"Asia/Krasnoyarsk" always <=> 65247. Give or take: New timezones added only to
the end of the list and removed timezones will leave a gap in the IDs.

There are currently discussions on the TZ list on changing the name of some timezone ID's, but old ID's are not removed simply because they remain in use in historic data. We are still battling the problem of pre-1970 timezone data being missing from many 'default' installations where ID's simply select a data set that matches post 1970 rather than one that actually matches the fully validated pre-1970 data so again some timezone ID's simply return poor information where their being removed would be a safer approach ... the whole system is still an unreliable mess!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL