On 1/31/21 4:03 PM, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

For me this is primarily academic curiosity, I don't actually use blob filters myself.

That's definite reason why blob filters were not given much attention. Next:

Ok, but deprecation of UDF implies the eventual removal of UDF related code.

I do not think this to happen in visible future. Too many people proceed to work with firebird ignoring security problems (well, let's suppose they use it protected with very good firewall) and they are quite satisfied with bad-bad-bad insecure UDFs.