Thanks Dimitry for the super fast response.  Yes you were correct the paths
were incorrect.  I have corrected this and no longer get the error
message.  Its still not replicating though.
Here's my new config
database = D:\Users\Peter\Documents\FB4Data\FB4TEST.FDB
{
 log_directory = D:\Apps\FB4\FB4Test\chlog
 log_archive_directory = D:\Apps\FB4\FB4Test\archlog
 log_archive_timeout = 10
 verbose_logging = true
}

database = D:\Users\Peter\Documents\FB4Data\FB4TESTReplica.FDB
{
 log_source_directory = D:\Apps\FB4\incominglogs
 verbose_logging = true
}

Still no replication.log
I am now getting journal files. But no records are being replicated
archlog
    FB4TEST.FDB.chlog-000000001
    FB4TEST.FDB.chlog-000000002
chlog