On 04-05-2021 15:19, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
02.05.2021 18:42, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

I attempted to reduce the time to run the Jaybird tests, but I noticed - against a recent Firebird 4 snapshot - that disabling forced write on database creation did not make a huge difference (30s less, from 4m to 3m30s), while explicitly enabling forced write increased the run time by 1m30s from 4m to 5m30s.

Is there a difference between explicit forced write and the default behaviour? For example, does default database creation enable forced write after creating the database, while explicitly enabling it also does forced write during database creation? (for context, Jaybird tests create (and drop) a lot of databases)

When FW is specified explicitly, it's enforced before any I/O is performed on the database. Otherwise, it's set after system tables are populated and page cache is flushed.

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Mark Rotteveel