05.05.2021 16:55, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:

As I understand, 255 limit for table version is due to record format
number embeded in records.

We had the same situation with 32-bit transaction numbers and it's now
possible to have 64-bit transactions using rhd_long_tranum flag.

Which looked like a good idea in the past, but now I'm considering another approach that could avoid that flag (and struct rhde) -- in the next ODS, of course.

That said, the similar approach could still be used for other purposes, for sure.

Can we add a flag for long record format so we can increase table
versions limit to 64K?

This is a very annoying restriction.

I think this should be planned for ODS14.