11.05.2021 14:39, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 2021-05-11 11:51, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
That may work only for very short (like in a sample) 'Test message'-
for real-size messages hash is used for signing. rsa_sign just would
not work with too long argument.
Also take into an account - different people need different hashs here.

I find this extremely confusing. I would expect that is what PSS does for you: hash the message and sign that hash, otherwise what is even the point of the HASH parameter to RSA_SIGN?

  I smell a misunderstanding here between you two...

RSA_SIGN indeed is supposed to get a message of any length, hash it and crypt the hash thus forming the signature. If it works somehow other way, it must be a bug.
  Using of context variables in the examples is really confusing.

--
  WBR, SD.