On 2021-05-31 18:34, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
31.05.2021 17:49, Dimitry Sibiryakov пишет:
31.05.2021 16:19, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
Dimitry, can you provide standard syntax for others to compare?

https://ronsavage.github.io/SQL/sql-2003-2.bnf.html#call%20statement

As far as I see, it's the same as EXECUTE PROCEDURE without outputs.
But we already have non-standard RETURNING added to standard I/U/D
statements, so what's the difference?

Even if the majority objects this idea, we can still utilize CALL in
the standard way, i.e. use it when calling procedures that don't
return outputs (or we are willing to ignore them).

IIRC, the SQL standard assumes existence of OUT parameters here (though I'm not sure, and I don't have my copy at hand right now).