-----Eredeti üzenet-----
Feladó: Dimitry Sibiryakov [mailto:s...@ibphoenix.com]
Küldve: 2021. október 7., csütörtök 10:47
Címzett: For discussion among Firebird Developers
<firebird-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Tárgy: Re: [Firebird-devel] Tablespaces proposal

Roman Simakov wrote 06.10.2021 21:49:
>> How are data moved?
>>
>> Under transaction control?
>>
>> In background (and interruptible) like db crypt?
> it's a dfw operation with EX database lock. I hope to relax this
> limitation later. So there are no concurrent changes.
> 1) copy all data pages
> 2) switch RDB$POINTER_PAGE and RDB$ROOT_PAGE transactionally
> 3) Rebuild RDB$PAGES
> 4) clear old data pages (as post-dfw operation)
>
> It can be interrupted but not resumed. I'm afraid it starts from the
> beginning.
>
> I guess it's better to discuss in a context of PR.

   Tablespaces has meaning for large databases only that don't fit into single
storage (terrabytes). For such volumes this algorithm is no-go. Better not to
have move option in the initial implementation at all.

--
   WBR, SD.