19.12.2021 16:04, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

Looked at it again, and being able to get the total row count will work for me. Is this information already available, or does this still need to be implemented?

Implemented but not yet committed. I will post a pull request tomorrow.

One last thing I was wondering about (but haven't had time to verify): what happens with positional updates or deletes when scrolling?

Specifically:
- After an update: does the cursor have the original row content or the updated content?

Original.

- After a delete: does the row disappear from the cursor, does the cursor retain the original content of the row, or does an 'empty' (e.g. all NULL) row exist in the cursor?

The original content is retained.

Basically, it should work the same way as for SELECT ... ORDER BY non-indexed-field (where records are cached inside the sort).