On 2022-01-05 21:48, Jiří Činčura wrote:
   Yes. You probably have the same problem in your provider, no?

The problem exists there. Same as with fbclient. But I don't
explicitly solve it, application developer is responsible for handling
such scenario (if ever).

I agree. If the application developer thinks this is a problem, they should switch to using 2-phase commits and having a scavenger to handle limbo transactions.

BTW: I think in most cases you should be able to infer from the socket error if the problem occurred on sending or on reading data (at least, when using blocking socket reads/writes, not sure about non-blocking).