> The "C library" is just another way to call things.
>
> It's binary compatible with the C++ interface. In fact the C++ interface
> is a wrapper around C objects to be multi compiler compatible.

Sure, I'm not saying it isn't.

It's just way way harder to do this type of interop from C# compared to simply
calling exported function from fbclient. Something like 11 out of 10 people
will tell you to get/create a wrapper. Which is fine if you own the code. Not
the case here.

> I don't know how you call fbclient in the .NET code.
>
> But I remember C# can map C DLL with attributes.
>
> So I believe it's possible to map the current fbclient functions
> directly in C# code.

That expects exports with `extern "C"`.

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura