On 03/02/2022 12:39, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
>   Hello All.
>
>   Remember me please why isc_lc_ctype isn't used to determine encoding
> of database name and DPB values?
>   BTW, service name during service attach isn't converted into UTF-8 at
> all.

Character set discovery from name requires opening a database to match
100% what happens after database is open.

There is aliases inside database (both iso8859_1 and iso88591 are valid).

So chicken and egg problem.

These creates others problems, for example to convert server codepage of
exceptions to client.

I plan to change some of these things in the future so all charset names
could be discovered independent of a database connection.

Adriano