On 11-05-2022 18:56, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
On the other hand I see no problems if we have dedicated command peforming desired action. Suggest syntax:
SET ROLE
without parameters. (but not insist on it)

To me, `SET ROLE` without a role name doesn't feel correct, and doesn't properly convey intent. Given we already have `ALTER SESSION RESET`, I would suggest `ALTER SESSION UPDATE PRIVILEGES` or something like that.

However, I'm wondering how other database systems behave in a scenario like this.

Mark Rotteveel