On 5/17/22 10:41, Fabiano Bonin wrote:
Firebird version 3.0.9 64bits on Debian

When I use gbak with "nohup" in Debian, it seems gbak's output to nohup.out is written in chunks,

nohup gbak -b -v -g database database.fbk &

It shows, for instance:

gbak:520000 records written
gbak:530000 re

And after many seconds or minutes, it writes another chunk to the log.

This behavior appeared in Firebird version 3, it worked as expected in Firebird version 2.5.

I never had a problem with this behavior, since it was just a matter of waiting for the end of the process, but this week gbak raised an error in a stored procedure when restoring a database that was not saved to the log file, probably because the restore process was interrupted and the log was not flushed.

When the output is to the console, it works as expected.

fixed
https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird/issues/7184