Tommi Prami wrote 23.08.2022 5:40:
I was thinking that if there is some kind of header (simple enough) in Firebird Databases and/or backup files, maybe some one could point me into the right direction.

No. Of course Firebird database has header page described in ods.h but it has no signature and even "fixed" part is unstable between versions. The utility must read whole fist kilobyte and try to map that data to several expected header versions checking whether several fields has sane values.

--
  WBR, SD.