Mark Rotteveel wrote:

> I haven't tried to build docs yet so I am not sure if this advice actually
> applies, but tools.jar is - usually - a library included in the Java
> Development Kit. Right now, you might not have a JDK installed but just the
> JRE (Java Runtime Environment), or you have a JRE selected as your default
> Java.
>
> So you either need to install a JDK, or that you execute the build using
> the JDK.

The JDK is not required to build the Firebird docs, but tools.jar was - in the
past. It shouldn't be necessary any more, but in some environments, Java
complains that it can't find it. Even then, the build often succeeds (and if it
doesn't, this may be caused by some other problem). But there are a few cases
that can only be solved by installing tools.jar anyway. We could never really
figure out why... at least not without spending much more time than it takes to
download tools.jar.

Cheers,
Paul Vinkenoog