Yes indeed, it does look smart. Unfortunately, the pdf of isql suffers from
formatting errors, in justification, Appendix A - second line, first paragraph
for example.

I trie asciidoc and asciidoctor some time back, but I didn't get on with
it/them.

I used Sphinx-doc for a project a while back, that was much better, but
requires Python etc. With github and sphinx you can get an automatic build on
commit/push and the pdf, html and epub (I think) can be uploaded automagically
to readthedocs.io.

I use ReStructuredText at work to create version controllable sources for pdf
and Word (hack, spit) documents. Currently I convert with Pandoc - which I
suspect will read docbook and write asciidoc, if necessary - although it's
better to convert to LaTeX, do some editing and then generate the pdf. That
gives a much better output.

I'm rather fond of these plain text sources that can generate almost anything!

Good work Mark.

Cheers,
Norm.