On 11/01/2020 12:49, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 08/01/2020 10:19, marius adrian popa wrote:
docbuilding doc needs some updates after CVS -> Github switch

https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird-documentation/blob/master/src/docs/firebirddocs/docbuilding-howto.xml

I have created a pull request with some changes:
https://github.com/FirebirdSQL/firebird-documentation/pull/10

I found it hard to write a to-the-point usage instruction for git. I use git daily, and even though I'm far from an expert, I find the basic usage trivial but I noticed that I find it hard to write scenarios for someone new to git, especially without going too deep too fast..

I have kept it limited, and pointed to GitHub documentation for more information. However, I think the current description should get someone started, but I don't think they demonstrate the power of git well, nor do they describe a good work-flow with git.

I think it might be good if someone revises them.

Alternatively, we should consider whether git usage instructions even belong in this type of documentation.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel