15.10.2020 17:49, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

It was not a conscious choice specifically for the release notes, but I did want consistency with the rest of the new documentation, and there I explicitly chose to number chapters, sections and sub-sections (3 levels, the AsciiDoctor default).

If you prefer the old style, you need to add a property
:sectnumlevels: 1
to the properties at the start of the firebird-3-release-notes.adoc.

Generally I agree with the multi-level numbering, but it seems I don't like it much in the release notes, especially for sub-sections (3rd level). I will play with different numbering levels and think more about it.

Thanks!

Dmitry