Hi all,
I need a little bit help for ma application.
I've got an pc (Win XP) on it is running the firebird server.
The database is stored on this pc.

Now I'd like to run my application on an second pc (client Win98) and I need now access to the server+dataBase on the main pc.
What I have to do, that I can acces on my database on the server pc?
What firebird dll's I need on this pc?
Is it necessary to install any firebird tool on the client pc?
In case of true, which tool?

I tried it with the following connection string:

User Id=SYSDBA
Server Type=0
Database=servername:C:\MyDataBase\AppDB.FDB   //servername is a placeholder for the name of the main PC. I tried also the IP number from the main PC.
Data Source=
Port=3050
Password=masterkey

But it dosn't work.
I can't open an connection to the server.
The firwall is disabled.

Please can anyone help me?

Many thanks
Carsten