Hello:
This is very strange. With the debug version of the latest 1.7 release candidate (sources on the firebird site), it works correctly. I will continue to use this version for development purposes and then figure out how to switch over to a release version at some point moving forward, I guess. Any ideas?
The 1.7.1 RC 4 will be the latest RC before the 1.7.1 final that will become the new stable version, so i think you can stick with the 1.7.1 "branch"
Also, any answers as to propagating changes to the default column values back to the database? Is there a way aside from ddl?
Did you mean to modify the default value of a column ??

--
Carlos Guzmán Álvarez
Vigo-Spain

http://carlosga.blogspot.com/