Hello:
I had lot's off error trying to use FB.Net provider in Visual Studio 2005.
I had try to reinstall VS, FB...etc,etc.

Today I resolved all problems after cleaning registry.
Uninstalling VS or FB provider is not enough.
First, uninstall FB . Net provider.
My problems to connect was solved after I deleted from registry these:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion\References\FireBird.....
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion\GACChangeNotification\Default\F
irebird... and from
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Management\ARPCache .....Firebird related records.
I reinstalled FB .Net provider and works from first try.

So you get it working now ??

Little error found trying to expand  Domains:
"Column 'CHARACTER_LENGHT' does not belong on  table Domains".
This error message show on FB1.5.3 and FB 2.0 RC1 (Windows and Linux).

Fixed in CVS now, thanks and soory for the inconvenience.

--
Carlos Guzmán Álvarez
Vigo-Spain

http://carlosga.blogspot.com/

"When you don't code, you tend to become one of those architects who thinks
everything is possible" ( Anders Hejlsberg )