I'm pretty new to the whole .NET thing, so I've been fumbling around with the Firebird data provider and I think I've found a bug.  Drop an FbDataAdapter on a WinForm and use the wizard to generate your SQL against a table that has a blob field.  The wizard will create params for the blob field with a size of 2147483647.  Save the project, then reload it.  In my D2006 Update 1 with Firebird Adapter 1.7, the blob param will be completely missing after reloading the project.  If you change the size on the blob param to 2147483646, everything seems to save and load fine.

Kevin Donn