Hello:
- Visual Studio 2005 Professional installed
- Visual Studio 2005 SDK from October 2005 installed

Install the April one that is the latest stable one if i'm not worng :P
I've changed the two path occurences in FirebirdDDEXProvider.reg to:
C:\\Program Files\\FirebirdClient

Add \\ at the end of the path and retry, please.

Whenever I click on the "Connect to Database" button in the Server Explorer in VS2005, I get the following error message:

"An unexpected error occured in the .NET framework data provider for Firebird. Please contact the provider vendor to resolve this problem."

What is the message that gets shown in the Windows Event Log ??

--
Carlos Guzmán Álvarez
Vigo-Spain

http://carlosga.blogspot.com/

"When you don't code, you tend to become one of those architects who thinks
everything is possible" ( Anders Hejlsberg )